11 Day Hiking Tour - Christchurch to Picton
The South Island of New Zealand is arguably one of the most scenic and landscape diverse areas of the world. From the beauty of the Canterbury Plains, the rolling tussocky hills of the Mackenzie Country, the glittering Alpine lakes and the stark rugged mountains jutting straight up to the heavens, there is nothing quite like it. From the magical beauty of the Marlborough Sounds, to the fabulous adult playground of Queenstown – this is one trip you don’t want to miss.
Price: $3499 per person
Starts: Christchurch, New Zealand
Finishes: Picton, New Zealand
Moderate Level of Fitness Required
Single Room Supplement: $875
*Price is based on a minimum of 6 participants
NB - Max number of guests 12
5th February - 15th February 202
19th March - 19th March 2021
The average, walking time on most hikes will be around 2 hours on well-defined tracks. Maximum walking times will not exceed 3-5 hours. We remind you to expect a range of terrain from flat to undulating to hilly, so we recommend a moderate level of fitness. Hiking boots or shoes with ankle support are strongly recommended and hiking poles are optional, but not essential.
Accommodation listed is our preferred accommodation. Subject to change depending on availability.
Itinerary also subject to change depending on weather conditions/road closures etc.
$500 deposit required to secure your place on the tour, which is fully refundable if the departure date does not meet the minimum number of participants (6 people).
- x10 nights in 3 - 4 star accommodation (pre and post nights can be arranged on request)
- x8 breakfasts, x2 dinners
- Air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter Coach
- Luggage transport during the entire journey
- Driver/Tour Guide
- Boat transport to Queen Charlotte Sound from Picton
- All Department of Conservation fees
- Travel insurance
- Optional Activities
- Airport transfers (we can arrange for an extra $35 per person, please just enquire)
- Meals/food unless stated in the itinerary
- Drinks (except water), telephone & mini-bar costs
- Personal expenses such as laundry, any internet charges etc
- Drink bottles