West Coast Wilderness Trail
5 Day Self-Guided Trail Tour - Christchurch to Christchurch
The West Coast Wilderness Trail is arguably the most accessible and fascinating cycle trail in New Zealand. It's a truly unique experience soaked in a rich pioneering history, and is filled with rugged beauty and jaw dropping scenery. Combine this with beautiful lakes, forest and rivers - and of course genuine West Coast hospitality - and you have a journey that dreams are made of.
- Starts: Christchurch to Christchurch, New Zealand
- Grade 2 (easy) ride with some Grade 3 on road (intermediate) sections
- Additional activities are optional and can be added into package upon request - we keep it flexible!
- Tour is able to be booked any time of year subject to accommodation availability.
- Until January 1st 2023, the TranzAlpine is running on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday's only.
***Please note: Our accomodation providers are now booked out for February 2023, so this tour is not available to book in February 2023***
Price: $1549 per person, twin share (2 people minimum)
Upgrade to an E-bike for an additional $200 per person
Single Room Supplement = $410
A $250 per person deposit is required at time of booking
- Shuttle from Christchurch to Hokitika
- Shuttle services on the trail
- Luggage transport - 1 bag per person, 15kg max per bag
- 4 days Standard bike hire, helmet and pannier (E-bike upgrade available, just ask for prices!)
- 4 nights Accommodation
- 4 breakfasts
- TranzAlpine train journey from Greymouth to Christchurch
- Trip itinerary, directions and trail map info
- Meals/food not included in itinerary
- Drinks, telephone & mini-bar costs
- Personal expenses such as laundry, any internet charges etc
- Drink bottles